.

.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #99!







Hell Camp  (aka Opposing Force)  (Orion Pictures Corporation, 1986)




This movie was available in every video store I worked in from the years 1984-1991 - and yet I never saw it! It's a credible cast - and the movie was always under the title Opposing Force - and that title and video box didn't strive for the sleazy as hard as this poster does. I would definitely check this out now - Tom Skerritt, Lisa Eichhorn, Anthony Zerbe, and Richard Roundtree - who's so important to the movie he gets his name in a box!











Laserblast  (The Irwin Yablans Company, 1978)


Here's an early Charles Band production (but not directed by him) that was also one of the first movies I ever watched on home video. On BETA. It's a completely goofy flick with a put-upon nerd  - the late great Kim Milford (Rocky in the US stage production of The Rocky Horror Show, and the villain in Corvette Summer) - finding a laser weapon out in the desert after an alien drops it. He proceeds to apply it to all of the bullies in his life - and adds in a pinball machine and a Star Wars billboard for good measure! Throw in some fun Dave Allen stop motion animated aliens - and you have yourself an evening's entertainment!







Journey to the Far Side of the Sun  (Universal Studios, 1969)


This is an entertaining old school sci fi flick with astronaut Roy Thinnes (of TV's The Invaders) taking off to see what's on the far side of the sun. His mission apparently fails out, and he lands back on Earth. Or is it? I won't spoil any more - I'll let the poster do that!







Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments:

  1. Okay, with that cast, I have GOT to see Hell Camp. Honestly, Craig, you find the most interesting films. it is no wonder I call you a god of pop culture. ;) Love that Laserblast. How I wanted a power like that when I was a put upon fat kid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ma'am! I enjoy putting these posts together - I think movie posters are an unsung art form to some extent. Back in the day they really were used to entice people into the theater - some extolled the film's virtues; others tried to hide the flick's shortcomings. Some out and out lied! But they were almost always interesting!

      Yeah, I'd have raised hell with an arm laser too back in the day!

      Delete
  2. The Hell Camp poster looks pretty nice, but Laserblast and Journey look absolujtely laughable... especially Laserblast! Though, a movie with such a title... I'd really like to see this one.
    2.3 on Imdb? Yeah! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laserblast is goofy 70's style fun - Journey might take itself a little seriously - but it is a neat little flick. I still need to track down Hell Camp - though it's possible it's already in the video vault under the Opposing Force title...

      Delete