.

.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #101!

Let's kick off the next 100 of these posts with another theme week - as befits the holiday hovering around...



Year Movie Titles!





2001: A Space Odyssey  (United Artists, 1968)




After Star Wars I wanted to take in every science fiction movie I could get my hands on - and it took me a couple of years and the advent of home video to finally get to see this much lauded Kubrick classic. I managed to rent it  - ON BETA - and I have to admit - at the age of 12 or so - after the flashy fun of Star Wars - I really didn't much care for this one. I've kind of not seen it since - but I'll sit down with again one of these days and form a more adult opinion about it - though I also have to admit there's no guarantee my opinion won't be exactly the same. The body might be older...but the 12 year is still running the show in a lot of respects!









1990: The Bronx Warriors  (United Film Distribution Company, 1982)



I saw this on VHS way back there - then re-familiarized myself with it when I realized I was working with the female lead (and daughter of the director) - Stefania Girolami Goodwin - on Super Mario Bros. I wouldn't mind seeing it again - it's been a while.






That's me and Stefania on the set of the CBS series American Gothic - right from my scrapbook.













Terror in the Year 5000  (American International Pictures, 1958)


I haven't seen this 50's sci fi potboiler - but I'd like to - I know Ward Costello as an older character actor in the 80's - he played an alien possessed Starfleet admiral who famously beat up Klingon Lt. Worf on Star Trek: The Next Generation among many other roles. I've love to see him as a younger leading man type. And I'm alway up to watch something featuring a "hideous she-thing!"








Until next post - sometime next year - you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

3 comments:

  1. I agree about 2001: A Space Odyssey. The best thing about the film was the opening sequence and the music. I also liked the cinematography. Everything else, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Craig, you have no idea how much I ADORE 2001. It's one of my 5 favorite movies of all time, no kidding.

    Heard about Bronx Warriors, but haven't seen it - though I've seen some of director Castellari's movies ("Django", "The Last Jaws").

    Gorgeous pic! She was in Last Jaws too but I don't remember much of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not been able to watch 2001 and not fall asleep at some point. I have seen the movie, but never in its entirety. LOL

    A hideous She-Thing?! I can't stand it when they must differentiate between male and female. A thing is a thing, a werewolf is a werewolf whether male or female. ;) I suppose I shouldn't be too harsh, I've done it myself when talking Maxie.

    ReplyDelete