.

.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Saturday Night at the Movies 12/8/12!

Who cares what picture we see?


I haven't been able to contact Wesley Eure to find out if he does for sure - but in the meantime we'll assume he does and pick this one...


(A disclaimer - the following movie trailer clip is NOT rated for all audiences. It contains R rated material and is NSFW or to be viewed by those offended by such things)


Actually, no it doesn't - this appears to be a different trailer with the nudity excised - and no nail gun with silly sound effect.











(For those who'd like to see a trailer, but not an R rated one - here's a TV commercial for the movie)











If you watched the full trailer - wow! I actually first saw that trailer on the back end of some horror flick I'd rented on VHS back in the day - and I was laughing hysterically at the sound effect used for the nail gun in the preview. Did they not think people would recognize an iconic Star Trek sound effect like that, no matter how out of context? Weirdly, they don't use it in the actual movie - there it is the classic "silenced gun" sound effect - just as incorrect for a nail gun, but not as funny.

Obviously, this is a pretty sleazy grindhouse style movie - and it has some slow patches - but it also has the courage of its convictions - getting truly nasty in its tale of a ski masked psycho using a large chest full of home repair implements to do in various women. It stars Cameron Mitchell in fine scenery chewing form - and manages to feature two VERY familiar faces from 70's Saturday morning TV - Pamelyn Ferdin (Space Academy) and Wesley Eure (Land of the Lost) in ways we never saw on their respective TV shows. Is it mean spirited? Yes.. Is it misogynistic? I can't defend it - it is. But in the end, it's a movie with a heart of darkness - and that makes it worth a viewing.



As such, I've added it to the video vault on Blu-Ray - and we could be getting disturbed watching it as soon as - tonight - if you feel like coming over to my place tonight.





Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

5 comments:

  1. Well I guess you decided to risk the R rated trailer here at LGOOH. :) The trailer is hysterical and that out of context Star Trek sound effect just made me shake my head.

    A misogynistic slasher flick, oh wow I am so not shocked. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did - thanks for your offer to host this post over at the Imaginarium - but with the disclaimer I'm fine with it - and that leaves some B Movie Kickass Women to be examined in a guest post...

      Not shocked at all. ;)

      Delete
  2. never seen the original, nor the remake. I'm so lame :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - I'd like to read your review of the original! Hope you see it one day soon! I haven't seen the re-do (not sure it's a remake exactly as I think it features a supernatural element) but I think it might be lurking in the video vault...

      Delete
    2. I'll try to check it out sometime in the near future, maybe next year?

      Delete