.

.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Saturday Night at the Movies 12/15/12!

Who cares what picture we see?



Clint Howard cares. Yes he does. So - that makes the choice easy:










A gloriously anarchic and silly comedy from my golden year of 1979 - Roger Corman produced this crazy movie with Allan Arkush in the director's seat, aided and abetted by his buddy Joe Dante. An incredible cast only adds to the fun - and the soundtrack is killer.







I've bought this movie I think four times over the years - and the original VHS tape is another one that will never be jettisoned:


I worked with director Allan Arkush on a project and he was kind enough to sign my copy!




But I do have the movie on a sweet Blu-Ray - so that's what we'll spin if you decide to come over to watch this one - and tonight's as good a night as any!



Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments:

  1. Haven't seen this in FOREVER and now I have got to. How awesome that you have an autograph from Allan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't watched it in a while...such a great movie! Arkush was great! He directed a Dawson's Creek episode (the homage to The Breakfast Club in the first season) and he was a treasure trove of great stories!

      Delete
  2. I enjoy the music of the Ramones, but I'm definitely not fan enough to check this one out. I'm ok with my Ramones Double best of :-)

    ReplyDelete