With only one last Maniacal Movie Poster Monday post left for 2012 - it's time to take a look back at what we've discovered in our journey through Pop Culture a la LGOOH this year...
We learned that Tom Cruise is in this picture - but danged if I can see him.
We learned that girls in creepy mansions sometimes develop splitting headaches.
We learned that actresses running for the restroom are sometimes nonplussed when you snap their picture.
We learned that a guy name Mike Jittlov built a briefcase that you could drive at 35 mph!
We learned that 20th Century Fox could get a little racy with their teaser posters in the 1960's!
We learned about Michael Caine:
10. Has been killed by Steven Seagal. (On Deadly Ground)
9. Worked for producer Irwin Allen twice in the 70's, battling killer bees (The Swarm) and helping to loot the capsized Poseidon before it slips beneath the waves forever (Beyond the Poseidon Adventure).
8. Has acted with William Shatner, Jim Belushi, and the Muppets (Miss Congeniality, Mr. Destiny, The Muppet Christmas Carol).
7. Came back to play Harry Palmer for the fourth time after 28 years (Bullet to Beijing).
6. Is the voice of a talking Aston Martin in Cars 2.
5. Has been nominated for an Oscar at least once in five consecutive decades (1960s-2000s).
4. Played Austin Powers's dad Nigel (Austin Powers in Goldmember).
3. Played the younger man in Sleuth (1972). Then played the older man in Sleuth (2007).
2. Has been the co-star to both Sean Connery (The Man Who Would Be King) and Roger Moore (Bullseye!).
1. Accepted his Best Supporting Actor Oscar for Hannah and Her Sisters via satellite from the set of Jaws: The Revenge. When asked later about Jaws: The Revenge Michael Caine said "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."
We learned that perhaps the worst sin a movie can commit is to be inert.
Thanks to the great Beverly Gray of Beverly in Movieland - we learned that these are NOT Roger Corman's feet, but they could have been...
We learned that if you ask this blog's buddy Melissa Bradley of Melissa's Imaginarium to help you pick three random movie posters - she might call out the late great Rondo Hatton for one of them!
We learned that when the movie Halloween was released in Great Britain - their version apparently had Michael Myers killing with a death ray from his hands!
We learned that James Bond is always ready to start another cycle of action...
And finally, we learned that when it comes to Robots, everybody loves Robby!
Thanks for coming by - whether once or throughout the year - please come back often in 2013, stay late, and comment whenever the mood strikes you - hopefully we'll keep the fun coming all year long!
Until 2012's last post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!