.

.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #97!




The Phantom of the Opera  (21st Century Film Corporation, 1989)



I saw this version of Gaston Leroux's story in the theater - and haven't seen it since. I remember enjoying it - and I wouldn't mind checking it out again one of these days! They sure wanted you to remember who Robert Englund had been playing the last five years though, didn't they?












The Mummy's Tomb  (Universal Studios, 1942)



I don't care if he's the slowest movie monster ever; I don't care if Lon hated these movies and legendarily showed up to work on them so drunk that alcohol would seep from his pores and melt off Jack Pierce's makeup - leading to him eventually wearing a Don Post style rubber mask - I LOVE MUMMY MOVIES - and that goes double for Universal's five Mummy flicks!








Survival Run  (Film Ventures International, 1980)



This is a hard-to-find action flick from my golden year of 1979 that I didn't watch on Showtime in the early 80's for some reason - wish I had now! Six teens - including one of those pesky Van Pattens - go out for some motorcycle fun in the desert, and soon find themselves battling drug smugglers led by Peter Graves and Ray Milland! What's not to love?









Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

5 comments:

  1. Ah, one of the better modern Phantom of Opera adaptations. England and Schoelen are fantastic!

    Never heard of the other two movies, mainly because I'm not a huge fan of mummy movies AND biker movies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I remember having a good time watching it back in the day.

      Guess you'd really hate to sit through a mummy biker movie then!

      Delete
  2. Menahem Golan produced some very interesting films over the years. He did some work with Charles Bronson, if memory serves...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He absolutely did - and nearly everything Charles Bronson did in the 80's was for Golan and Globus - thanks for coming by, Mystery Commenter!

      Delete
  3. Ah Golan and Globus...Now those were some movies. ;) I LOVE THE MUMMY TOO!! Especially The Mummy's Hand and the original Universal Mummy.

    I vaguely remember this Phantom. Not a bad film at all.

    HAve not seen Survuval Run, but with Vincent Van Patton, I've gotta. LOL

    ReplyDelete