.

.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Saturday Night at the Movies 12/1/12!

Who cares what picture we see?



Christian Slater would act like he didn't - but he would. So let's take a look at this one:












When it was decided to send the original crew out with one last validictory cinematic adventure they turned the director reins over to the man who'd made the best Star Trek movie ever: Nicholas Meyer. And he brought the same sense of high flying adventure and panache to this movie as he had Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan nine years previously.


They also made no "Bones" (pun intended) about the fact that this was going to be the last roundup for the original series cast - as this bonus teaser trailer clearly shows:










I love this movie, and it is present and accounted for in the video vault on a pristine Blu-Ray - which we could have spinning in the machine in seconds - even tonight - should you care to come by, that is!


Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments:

  1. Next to Khan and Insurrection, my favorite Star Trek movie. Awesome from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! A fitting last adventure for the Original Series cast!

      Delete
  2. I actually love all the Star Trek movies, save the very first one. I still don't understand the plot of that one and what the eff was with the bald chick? I digress. LOL

    I prefer TNG movies over the original crew, though, as they were my fave after DS9. Still after Wrath, this one is the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, of course I even like that first one - but they are fun movies. While typing this comment the teaser trailer played - and I just realized that's Christopher Plummer's voice narrating!

      If only there could have been a DS9 movie!

      Delete