.

.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Celebrity Interview: Lisa London!



I have been a fan of Lisa London for a long time - from the moment I first saw her on Showtime in the sorority epic H.O.T.S. through seeing her in scads of movies I rented - through appearances in two Malibu Bay pictures for Andy and Arlene Sidaris. She always caught my eye with her vivacious energy and screen presence - and I'm thrilled that we are now online acquaintances. The lovely Ms. London even agreed to an interview. *sigh*




Craig Edwards: Where did the world gain a Lisa London?

Lisa London: I was born the way I am - in Santa Monica, CA but raised in Palm Springs, Ca.



CE: What are your earliest pop culture (movie, television) memories?

LL: Movies were my world - my mother and father and grandmother were big movie buffs and I know every old film and stars and directors....Gone with the Wind/Scarlett O'Hara (and my first screen character was O'Hara in H.O.T.S!)....TV faves were I Love Lucy reruns, The Monkees and The Mod Squad!



CE: When did you know you wanted to work in the entertainment industry?

LL: From the age of four I modeled - and I wrote, directed and starred in my own home movies with a cast of one - ME!




CE: How did you go about breaking in to film and television work?

LL: I was on full scholarship journalism/mass communication at ASU - fled to Los Angeles with $200 - picked up a sheet of production houses - got a job at Kaleidescope Films as a messenger with sheer blind determination to be 'discovered' and then I was!



CE: What was the first project you worked on?

LL: It was the movie trailer for California Suite. Ray Stark saw something he liked when I delivered a film reel to him - and I'll never forget seeing myself on the big screen - that trailer played before Midnight Express - little did I know I'd work for Oliver Stone years later on The Doors- then years after that, I did voice overs for a play and film produced by (Doors drummer) John Densmore!




CE: How did you end up in the trailer for California Suite, but not the movie?

LL: That trailer was shot after the movie was already in the can.






CE: Four young women. Honey. O'Hara. Teri. Sam. They were H.O.T.S. I was enthralled. Tell me how you ended up playing O'Hara.

LL: H.O.T.S. was my first feature audition - it was a combo of talent, luck and the perfect girl for the perfect role!





CE: Did you have a favorite character of any you played? What's more fun? Playing good girls or bad girls?

LL: I love all my characters - but I really love playing prostitutes - I think what's best about my abilities as an actress shine in these roles.



CE: How did you meet Andy and Arlene Sidaris?

LL: My girlfriend Ava Fabian told them about me - I met with marvelous Andy on a Monday night and then flew to Hawaii to star in Savage Beach two days later!


CE: You appeared in Savage Beach and Guns. Is it as much fun to appear in a Malibu Bay movie as it appears to be?

LL: Best sets on earth - you're in Hawaii - and it truly is paradise!!



CE: Which actor would you most like to have as a leading man, with optional love scene?

LL: Ryan Gosling, Al Pacino, Ed Norton, Ray Winstone, and Sean Bean popped into my head to go to 'bed' with - LOL!

Lisa London's legs are sooooo long...
How long are they?
They're so long she knows if it's going to rain tomorrow
because her toes get wet today!



CE: Greatest unfulfilled ambition in the film industry?

LL: The HBO series Luck - it got cancelled...





CE: Four words "Singing quartet The Pinups." Give me 25 words about that.

LL: My only attempt at a major record deal/singing career -amazing experience -was a rock star -lived in Europe -insane fun!




CE: Tell us something about Andy Sidaris we don't know.

LL: He was major player in developing instant replay for sports on TV!



CE: What are you up to these days?

LL: I just got back from Texas - shooting Divorce Texas Style with Daniel Baldwin - and I have been producing plays for The Actorhood Theatre Company in Hollywood - we are currently in rehearsal for Shephard's Simpatico.




CE: What's the perfect Lisa London breakfast?

LL: I don't eat breakfast...



CE: What was the last movie you watched?

LL: I can't remember - I watch sooooo many!






CE: Your initials are L.L. Several characters in the Superman universe have those initials - Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Lana Lang, Lori Lemaris - so if Lisa London were another LL in the mythos - which movie or TV Batman would you choose as your co-star? (see what I did there?)

LL: I starred in The Happy Hooker Goes Hollywood with Adam West - great actor and great sport (we sang doo doo doo doo doo...all the time on set!) and I worked with Val Kilmer in The Doors.... hmmm - Michael Keaton or Christian Bale are both awesome actors I'd love to work with.




CE: What is the best piece of advice you can give to someone starting out in the entertainment business?

LL: If you can't breathe if you don't act then don't chose this biz...if it isn't a choice but your oxygen - suck it in and enjoy the best ride life has to offer!




Thank you so much to Lisa London for taking time for this interview! She's terrific!


Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

13 comments:

  1. Hey, cool interview! Unfortunately I have only seen one movie with her: the terrible X-TRO 3 :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, not the best showcase for her - may I recommend H.O.T.S.?

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the interview and great questions Craig. @Lisa, you've had quite a career! It's an honor to work with so many great actors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun interview, Craig. I reckon Access Hollywood (or one of those other derivative movie-media enterprises) will be calling.

    P.S. Lisa, I admire your "No Breakfast" creed because I can't imagine mornings without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I hear the phone ringing now! ;)

      PS - I'm with you - I'm in love with my breakfast!

      Delete
  4. Rockin' that interview, Craig. You are Walter Cronkite or perhaps Howard Stern ... not sure which. Nice to get to know Lisa London. She is stunning! I remember when the show "Luck" was being promoted. I didn't get HBO but I probably would have subscribed just to see that show. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is quite a journalistic divide between Cronkite and Stern - I like being right in that middle ground! Yes, Lisa is indeed one hot tamale!

      Delete
  5. Excellent interview! You should do this professionally, my friend. :) I especially love the LL question. I had no idea so many characters had LL in Superman-verse. Wonder what DC's hang up was?

    I remember Lisa. I just saw her not too long ago in a rerun of Law & Order: SVU. HOTS... I recall watching this when I was like 15 or so with my usual crew. Wasn't Danny Bonaduce in that? And Steve Bond?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Melissa! I appreciate that! Yeah, DC definitely went a little nuts with the LLs - there was also Lucy Lane and Lena Luthor and more I'm sure. Not sure what was going on there - but even ol' Supie has thought about it in the comics...

      That's very cool that you saw her on SVU - and yes - you are remembering that cinematic escapade known as H.O.T.S. very well indeed! It was a late night cable and VHS staple!

      Delete
  6. Lisa, while others fade with age, like fine wine you just keep getting more and more beautiful! You look better now than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely true - and thanks so much for coming by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I echo the kudos from the above commenters, a fine interview of an ... ahem ... well-rounded lady!

    ReplyDelete