.

.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

A-Z Challenge 2014: U is for Up the Creek!



1984




Take a couple of guys from National Lampoon's Animal House (Tim "Otter" Matheson and Stephen "Flounder" Furst) and one guy from Porky's (Dan "Pee-Wee" Monahan) - put them in a raft race with your standard issue military school jackwagons among others - and let the shenanigans begin!



There's nothing too surprising about this R rated slob comedy -  but it's pleasantly played and was shot in some beautiful locations in Oregon - and female lead Jennifer Runyan - now married to Roger Corman's nephew and sporting a Corman at the end of her name - is "introduced" here and is very cute. What more could anyone ask?








Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

9 comments:

  1. One of my favorites, actually, love the cast and it has plenty of gags to keep you going. Nothing particularly special about it, but sometimes all you need is a few likable characters and some boobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poster is hilarious! I assume the movie is equally funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty good - not all time great classic - but fitfully funny and worth the time investment if you like this kind of movie.

      Delete
  3. I seen this movie forever ago and the one thing that comes to mind, and I'm not even positive if this song is in it but I think it is. The lyrics go "Your breaking my heart, your tearing me apart, so F*** you". I was a teenager when I saw it and the fact they cussed in a song, cracked me up. We've come a long way I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have indeed. I'm not sure if that song is in the movie either, but dang it, if it isn't, it should be. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  4. What I remember most about this movie was the Cheap Trick song. Otherwise I am not sure if I ever actually saw it.

    --
    Timothy S. Brannan
    The Other Side, April Blog Challenge: The A to Z of Witches

    ReplyDelete