.

.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A-Z Challenge 2014: G is for Going in Style!



1979


By the late 1970's George Burns was back in the spotlight for another phase of a career that reached back to the early Talkie pictures of the 1930's. He'd gotten going again with The Sunshine Boys in 1975, but really took off with the release of Oh God! in 1978. With his revived box office clout - this movie got the greenlight for 1979.



Teaming George with Art Carney and Lee Strasberg - this is a cool little comedy/drama about three old guys who decide to alleviate their boredom by robbing a bank. It's funny, exciting, and at times touching, and I'd love to see it again. I recommend it to you too.










Until tomorrow, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen this movie. I have watch George Burns though.

    ReplyDelete