.

.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #185!


Theme Week!
 
 
One movie! Two titles! Three posters!





Curse of the Demon  (aka Night of the Demon)  (Columbia Pictures Corporation, 1957)































Called Night of the Demon in its native England, it was jazzed up to Curse of the Demon here in the United States. Therefore these three posters are all from the stateside release.


This is the famous movie where director Jacques Tourneur didn't want to show the demon - as he was always a proponent of the viewer's imagination supplying scarier stuff to the viewer than anything he could show. However, the producers wanted an onscreen demon - and they added it - as can be seen on the posters.


Normally I'm with Tourneur - less is more - and had the creature turned out to be a shoddy effect like The Giant Claw - he would obviously be right. But this thing looks really good - considering the time. I'm glad you get to see the demon.











Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments:

  1. Said it many times before, but one of my favorite, pre-70's horror films. I love the colouring on the second poster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too - I'm just surprised that there are so many posters just for the US release! (Foreshadowing - there are more than the three above...)

      Delete
  2. Craig, please email me at katie@katietalkstravel.com ASAP. I'm working on a story for USAToday.com and I need an image of a scene you shot in 1994 in Kure Beach. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much frenzied activity trying to reach me - and all for nothing as you didn't even respond after I emailed you. So there you go.

      Delete