.

.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Crazy Movie Weekend: Halloween Horrorfest 4!

October 24-26 marked the fourth edition of my weekend long horror movie marathon (itself within an all month long horror marathon)!



I took the whole day off this year - cleaned the house and trekked out for snacks and supplies - and of course the now truly traditional Friday night meal to kick off the movies:




Papa Murphy's Take-n-Bake Jack O'Lantern Pepperoni Pizza!



And then - just after 7pm - the films began! (SPOILER ALERT - the following images may present spoilers, plus there is an ongoing body count for each movie - if you haven't seen all of these movies beware...)



Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers



My buddy Ray and his girlfriend Melinda joined me and my wife Suze for this one. I always snap pictures right off the screen - trying to get a good one to use in social media - to let everyone know what we're up to - and it's always in the hopes someone extra will join us - though that's not yet happened.



Donald Pleasence








This was the shot used on social media.








URK!
















Don't worry, the cat is not part of the body count.



Terror Train



Ray, Melinda, Suze, and me.





The conductors don't appreciate practical jokes - and no one knows who's really in that snake costume...








Michy's legs were a draw to take this shot.








This is the social media shot.








Ray's carved buddy Jack is the mascot for the second Body Count shot.






Night of the Demons  (1988)



Ray, Melinda, Suze, and me - and James joined us near the end.





Linnea Quigley looking pretty damned demonic...when there's only one picture from the movie of course
it is the shot used in social media...








Snacks and an adult beverage flank our ever growing BC.






Laid to Rest



Ray, Melinda, Suze, James, and me. The biggest attendance for the weekend. *sigh*






Sean Whalen buys it. Doesn't he kind of look like Mrs. Bates from the end of Psycho here?








My door decoration holds up the next BC - with a little help if you look down his arm...





And that wrapped us up for Friday night - it was after 2am...





Saturday morning - shortly after 9am - and now it's just James and me for the rest of the fest!





George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead








A group shot.








As the credits roll and we hit a nice round number, my cat Eva Gabor photobombs the BC pic...





Wolf Creek





Trying to catch a good shot of Mick...








There it is! And this is the social media shot.








My Canadian buddy Elaine's Halloween card spruces up the next BC shot.





The Invisible Man Returns 


Though old movies are not James's thing - I mandated an old school scary movie to honor my start as a kid in watching horror. I gave him two choices. First - Boris Karloff or Vincent Price. He chose Price. Second - The Invisible Man Returns or House of Wax? He chose the one not to see.




Not a great shot of Mr. Unseen (Vincent Price) but I'm always a sucker for a leg shot.








Here's the social media picture.








But I kept shooting - isn't she a babe?








Almost got used for social media.









Same here.








More of our snacks appear - and The Invisible Man barely makes the Body Count rise at all.




 
I Spit On Your Grave  (1978)





A nice try at a shot, but ends up a little busy.








In trying to keep the photos PG-13 at most - but still present something creepy -
this guy and his knife was about my only option. This is the social media winner.
























This was voted on for the social media shot - but I went with the other one because the knife has
gone invisible here.








Friday the 13th dominates this BC pic.






The Howling 






Not the greatest picture, as the double exposure of the next shot is already dissolving in,
but I love these stop motion werewolves you get the briefest glimpse of...








There's the machine itself, in all its glory! My combo VHS/Blu-Ray player! And that's The Howling disc
about to come out for the next feature...





The Collection





An interesting mid-dissolve shot - kind of cool, but not what I'm looking to post ...








Trying to catch the doom trap and the guy in the same shot - fail.








Trying to catch a good shot of Our Hero...not that great.








Trying for the guy and the trap again - more fail.








Let's try catching the killer then. The lighter looks good - but he's still in motion and soft focus as a result...








Not a perfect shot - but a good one - and this is the one I used.








Jason V is almost knocked over by a single film body count that rivals his across eleven movies!



Another choice for James - a sequel to one of the movies we had watched, or a remake of one of the movies we had watched? He couldn't decide at first - eventually saying whichever was newer. 2010's I Spit On Your Grave gets pushed to next year by 2014's:


 
Wolf Creek 2








James couldn't make out John Jarratt's Australian accent very well, so the captions were on for the
whole movie. It was near impossible to get a good shot of Mick when there weren't words at the
bottom, and I didn't want to stop the movie, turn them off, start the movie, take the pic, stop the
movie...etc. So this pic won.








I did get this pic - which makes Mick look really creepy eyed - until you realize those are his
fingertips and not crazy eyeballs.








Our dinner - wings - and James's drink of choice - Rum-n-Pepsi - are shown off for the next BC picture.






Contracted







We had made good time watching Saturday and had time for two more movies. I knew what I wanted to finish
Saturday with, so James got the choice of what was next to last - one of the choices became Sunday's first
movie, and Splinter and Shredder moved to next year. We chose this body horror flick so we could get
thoroughly grossed out. During this movie - in all seriousness - a weird light floated around in the distance
behind my house. No sounds, too slow for a remote drone or toy, and it went straight up at one point, so
not a plane. We got creeped out and ran back to the movie after locking up the back patio and
closing the curtains.








Trying to catch her horrifically changed eyes. Fail.








URK!








Trying to catch the full effect again. Fail.








Better, but still not quite what I was looking for.








GURGLE!








Bam! Putting on makeup with the messed up eyes and mouth? Winner winner chicken dinner! Sent this one out.








Another gruesome eye shot.








Jack returns for the next BC shot. Not a huge number of bodies - but we were good and creeped out!





You're Next





James said "there's your shot right there." He was right - the movie title and some gore? Perfect!








James always does a "dead guy" shot for the HHs.




That wrapped us up for Saturday night - nine movies - a good day well spent. We were all done shortly after 2am again.


Sunday morning - back at it around 9:30am....



Trailer Park of Terror






Hard to catch a good shot in this movie as there's lots of fast moving people and camera shots.








And then you get a shot like this. No, it's not what it looks like. She is taking his belt off with her hands.
I just caught it at the exact perfect moment to make it appear this movie is raunchier than it really is.
Sorry if that offends you - but it was too funny not to include.








A prop from my favorite horror convention!






Feast III: The Happy Finish




The previous two CMW: HHs had ended with the previous two Feast movies - so we closed out the trilogy this year.




This was actually a bathroom break pause - but this movie has so much fast moving stuff to challenge me
taking a pic that I just went ahead with it.




And as has become another tradition - I jump on camera for the Body Count Final Total.



FIVE HUNDRED AND TWO! Can you believe it?







So, the second poorest turnout for any Crazy Movie Weekend - only the very first one had lower attendance with just three people - and a bunch of entertaining movies with an incredible body count. Too bad for those invited - Sandra, David, April, Natalie, Brett, Rebecca, and Jeff - who didn't make it. Maybe next year. James and I had a blast, and I was happy Ray, Melinda, and Suze made it for Friday night's movies.






Until next post, you Can Poke Me With Several Movies, Cause I Am Outta Here!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! Pretty high body count, yo! The only ones I've seen were Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers and The Invisible Man. Such a great idea taking photos of the film on your TV! Never thought of that, although I have made short films using "clips" from movies that I shot from TV. Your Mad Monster t-shirt is awesome by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Luana! We really have fun with these weekend marathons.

      Delete
  2. A pity on the low turn out for your weekend, but looks like you had a blast anyway! You got some great flicks in there, a few of the newer ones I've not seen. Agreed with the comment above - love the t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - that shirt is from my fave horror convention - which I'm scheduled to head back to next March!

      Delete
  3. Halloween 5 - guilty pleasure; very first Halloween sequel I've ever seen
    Terror Train - ok
    Night of the Demons - silly but fun 80s classic
    Laid To Rest - very underrated badass modern-day slasher
    Diary of the Dead - better than expected
    ISOYG - I have a bizarre love for the whole franchise, especially for the remake which is just amazing IMO
    Howling - nice one
    The Collection - god, I hated this pseudo-sequel
    Wolf Creek - love love, love
    Wolf Creek 2 - good but not as awesome as the first one
    You're Next - wasn't exactly my cup of tea
    Feast 3 - hated it about as much as Feast 2

    "trying to keep the photos PG-13" - why?? we wanna see boobs, gore and violence!! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the counter reviews - come by the fest sometime - you'll get plenty of boobs, gore, and violence!

      Delete
  4. So many amazing films here, I love Halloween (all of them...seriously), and Wolf Creek (not seen the 2nd one though) but of course, the older classics always win my heart....so The Invisible Man Returns, with Vincent Price = Perfect!!

    Love the body count idea, so much fun! Gorgeous looking pizza, and super cute kitty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if my movie buddy nephew James had his way we'd not watch anything not made this century - but I force him to watch at least one really old movie somewhere along the way. Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete