.

.

Friday, October 1, 2010

31 Days of Fear!

Foto Frenzy: Halloween  (Compass International, 1978)


I got my mom to take me to this during the original theatrical run. It scared me. A lot. I love this movie.








"I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and, the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply... evil..."







I had crushes on all three of them, and all for different reasons. Left to right: Linda (P.J. Soles), Annie (Nancy Loomis), and Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis).







Dr. Sam Loomis (Donald Pleasance)







This movie is just amazing, with a sense of dread from the opening frames. The horror starts at a distance...








...before coming right into the closet with you! And he's wearing William Shatner's face!








That's not Bob.










My favorite shot in the film - as Laurie tries to wrap her mind around her friends' deaths, Michael's face appears in the darkness behind her...



If you've never seen it; if you've only seen the not-much-good remake/reimagining; if you've never seen it in widescreen (as these pics attest, a very important aspect -  my favorite shot is ruined in pan-n-scan); or if you just haven't seen it in a long while...do yourself a favor and watch it this Halloween season!



Til next time, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

2 comments:

  1. One of the greats!

    Love the vampire shot above the archives...

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to a bit of trivia they ran with the soundtrack on Music Choice this morning, Carpenter shot this in three weeks. Wow. Just...wow.

    ReplyDelete