.

.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

31 Days of Fright!


Foto Frenzy: Fright Night  (Columbia Pictures, 1985)





I saw this picture in the summer of 1985 in my college town in a tiny
afterthought of a third theater grafted on to what had been a two
screener for years. It was the best way to have seen this terrific movie.











High school chums "Evil" Ed Thompson (Stephen Geoffreys), Charlie
Brewster (William Ragsdale) and Charlie's girlfriend Amy Peterson
(Amanda Bearse) meet Charlie's new next door neighbor, the charming
Jerry Dandridge (Chris Sarandon).












There's just one problem. They find out Jerry's a vampire. And he finds out they
found out. So they know. And now he knows they know. That's a big know-know.














So Charlie calls in help: former vampire movie actor and current TV
horror host Peter Vincent (Roddy McDowall).












Jerry's not worried. He goes after Amy. They dance joined at the hyp-notized.













"Hello, Edward. You don't have to be afraid of me. I know what it's like being
different. Only they won't pick on you anymore... or beat you up. I'll see to that.
All you have to do is take my hand. "














Ed takes his hand.













Charlie and Peter race to Dandridge's house to save Amy, but it looks like they're too late.








All I can say to everyone involved in the making of Fright Night '85? Fangs for the memories!


Til next time, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

2 comments:

  1. I saw that flick, same year, also in a tiny theatre. First horror film I saw on the big screen.

    If I hadn't been a Roddy McDowall fan before, I certainly was after.

    But I had been before.

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I loved your little quips. You gotta have humor in order for this to work on me... LOL Humor like the movie had, that's a great thing! Timeless movie, immortal like its villain, only one difference... Fright Night never went 'poof' like its villain had!

    ReplyDelete