.

.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday Night at the Movies 9/20/14!

Who cares what picture we see?




Albert Popwell has just gots to - while we check in with him let's make this tonight's choice...







The second Dirty Harry movie doesn't have the subversive cachet of Don Siegel's original - but it's still a lot of fun, building off a script from John Milius and Michael Cimino and directed in a workmanlike manner by Ted Post.


You've got guys in cop uniforms killing criminals and Clint Eastwood's Harry Callahan facing off with pedantic Lt. Briggs (Hal Holbrook) - what's not to love?


It's on Blu-Ray in the video vault - and we could be seeing how Dirty Harry is anytime - even tonight - if you want to head on over!






Until next post - you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

9 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of the Dirty Harry movies,. but the first one is my favorite. Magnum Force is a great name for a movie! They don't make movies like this any more. Everything now seems computer generated (guess it all started with Matrix films).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first is my favorite too - but Eastwood is such a strong presence he manages to almost stave off the law of diminishing returns across three sequels - the fifth movie is the last for a reason, I'm afraid.

      Delete
  2. Dang was that Hal Holbrook? He's in The Firm, too. Major bad guy Oliver Lambert, money launderers for the Morolto Brothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good ol' Hal - as always a welcome presence, even when he's playing a jackwagon. He's excellent in The Firm as well.

      Delete
  3. The true Clint eastwood Slasher! As always, Harry is just badass with that famous magnum but those faceless cops are a darn fine addition to the subgenre and further proves my point that you don't need knifes to do a good slasher flick~!

    Still a tad disturbed about the drano murder though, especially after it's "influence" in real life cases...))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of it that way - but I agree with you. Still - how do you count this one as a slasher, but not the original - with a serial murderer based on Zodiac?

      The Drano scene is indeed a harsh one.

      Delete
  4. Oh, Dirty Harry! I'd completely forgotten about these films. Time to re-watch I think.

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a series I really need to re-watch, it has literally been 20 years since I saw the sequels. The only one I have on DVD is the original - I need to rectify that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them and watch one every year or so. Hope we see something about them at the Attic sometime soon...

      Delete