.

.

Monday, September 1, 2014

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #179!







Bullet to the Head  (Warner Bros, 2012)



Just watched this finally - good movie! Stallone's still got it - and here he's in the always capable hands of director Walter Hill. Add in a solid supporting cast and you have a very good and violent action flick.















Caltiki - The Immortal Monster  (Allied Artists Pictures, 1960)


I never saw this one as a kid - but take a look at this list of what you will SEE - and you'll know I want to!



Yeah, baby!













Eddie Macon's Run  (Universal Pictures, 1983)



I like those two leads, but I never managed to see this, despite it sitting on several video store shelves in front of me in the 80's. I'd definitely like to see it now.








Until next post you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

8 comments:

  1. There's nothing like a good tagline and Caltiki has it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great posters! I quite like Stallone, especially in the Rocky films :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always liked him too - though he has been through a couple of dark periods when I wasn't always enjoying the films.

      Delete
  3. I remember see Caltiki as a kid and even on a bright sunny afternoon it creeped the hell out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Bullet to the Head - was great to see Hill making a solid action thriller that could sit alongside (if not quite match) his output from the 70's and 80's. The humour in the film definitely worked for me.

    Love the SEE strip, this kinda thing needs a comeback!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree on Bullet - it should have done better. Stallone has totally still got it - and so does Hill. I wish a current filmmaker would throw a SEE strip into a poster...I think there might be possibilities from Charles Band, Fred Olen Ray, or Jim Wynorski - the problem being that those gentlemen don't get theatrical releases any more - so their movies don't have posters. *sigh*

      Delete