.

.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

6 Degrees of Separation Blogathon: Tom Atkins + Britt Ekland!

A quick announcement -


This is the 850th post at Let's Get Out of Here!


Now on to your regularly scheduled post...







The always amazing Maynard from the ever incredible Maynard's Horror Movie Diary challenged me to participate in this blogathon - The 6 Degrees of Separation Blogathon - based on the old internet sensation 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon game - a game I still maintain was invented by my pal Jeff Goodwin and myself sans Mr. Bacon in the early 90's - before there was even an internet as we know it now.


But I digress.


(And I will tell the story of how we invented that game one of these days...)


But I digress.


Maynard challenged me to connect Tom Atkins - a great actor known to genre film fans for appearances in several John Carpenter movies and other fun flicks like Night of the Creeps and Creepshow - to the always lovely Britt Ekland - who had several movie roles in the 70's and 80's.


My job is to work my way from one to the other through other actors they worked with - and do it in 6 steps or less.


Challenge: Accepted!





Tom Atkins appeared in Escape from New York with Kurt Russell.











Kurt Russell starred in Tango and Cash with Sylvester Stallone.











Sylvester Stallone showed up in The Expendables 2 with Jean Claude Van Damme.









Jean Claude Van Damme was in The Quest with Roger Moore.










Roger Moore acted in The Man with the Golden Gun with Britt Ekland.





Challenge: Accomplished - and with a bonus Bond connection!




Thanks, Maynard! That was fun!



If I can figure out someone to challenge, I'll come back and update - and I know they're going to get Telly Savalas and Vin Diesel.






Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments: