.

.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The April 2011 A - Z Blogging Challenge - X is for Xuxa!

The April 2011 A - Z Blogging Challenge is nearing its end - but what a treasure trove of people, information, and fun!

Tonight is another trip into:


The Video Vault of Mora Tau! 4/28/11


And did I say treasure? Yes! And you know what always designates where the treasure is...of course! X marks the spot! And in this spot...



X is for Xuxa!



The Brazilian children's show host Xuxa (pronounced SHOO-Sha) has been a mainstay in her country for 25+ years, and proved so popular in the late 80's/early 90's she was brought to America for a run in English, which is where I first encountered her. And once you've seen Xuxa - you're not likely to forget her.

She's blonde, and sunny, and energetic, and well... dang it, sexy. Look for yourself - here's a clip from her American show:





I just don't see the Wiggles or even the Fresh Beat Band pulling that outfit off! Here she is in a clip from something in her native language - as always, she's bouncy and vivacious, the kids are cute,  the puppet dog is funny - but she's decked out in something that is only an orange dye job away from a Hooters girl outfit...so of course I love this!

She's even made it to the Big Screen - and the results look to be just as calm and sedate as her TV show...although slightly less risque - until the group Rouge turns up near the end of the clip, that is...

Xuxa has toned down a bit in the 21st century - but she's still an incredibly attractive woman even if she's not dressing like a Disney Princess by way of Frederick's of Hollywood any more.
Xuxa - 2011 style
Thank you Xuxa - for being the kids' show host kids and their dads can enjoy together!




And til next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

6 comments:

  1. Craig: Learning a lot from your blog, as always. I've never heard of Xuxa, but she's a terrific choice for "X".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe sounds like an interesting choice for X. Never heard of her though.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i've never heard of her. thanks for sharing.:)
    Great meeting you through the A-Z!
    nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I used to love that show. Guess I still do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "...dressing like a Disney Princess by way of Frederick's of Hollywood..." You know I'm using that line, first chance I get, right? I'm even citing you as the source. I just need to find a place to use it...

    I look back at all the years of Barney when I could have been watching this. It makes me sad.

    Have you seen the Teletubbies? The day I sat down to watch that show with my (then) babies, and didn't catch myself thinking, "This is sooo strange," was the day I started watching less children's TV.


    Best,
    Joe
    x: crossroads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Joe, that's a great quote!

    I'd never heard of Xuxa before either...

    ReplyDelete