.

.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

The April 2011 A - Z Blogging Challenge - T is for Tourist Trap!

The April 2011 A - Z Blogging Challenge is no longer a teenager! Time for a trailer!

Saturday Night at the Movies! 4/23/11


Who cares what picture we see?



Chuck Connors very well might, so that means tonight...twentieth time...truly...


T is for Tourist Trap!













Like the man says...

Tricked! Terrorized! Trapped!

And I'll add: Tanya Roberts!


Yes, that means you, young lady.


This is a truly creepy little flick from 1979. I first saw it on Showtime on a Saturday night around that time, and watched it several times across the month it premiered. It's out on DVD now, and I do own it, which means it's available for watching at any given moment...like even tonight, should you care to come see me!


And til next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

7 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! What in the world was Chuck Connors thinking? From the Rifleman to THIS! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd think a sharp-shooter of Connors' class could dispatch masked oddities with little trouble. But then, not much of a movie that way, eh?

    I shall now recite Tanya Roberts' lines from A View to A Kill. All of them.

    "James. James? James! Oh, James..."

    And, scene.

    Joe
    t: trimming the tree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luana - well, in all honesty, I think he might have been thinking of the paycheck, and a break from showing up on TV in another guest spot and toplining a feature film again. Horror was BIG in the years 1978-1980 thanks to John Carpenter's Halloween, so he was participating in a currently happening genre - in a movie rated PG - so not dripping in sleaze - and possibly expanding his base as a character actor as he was aging a bit for the romantic lead. I get what you're saying -wink- but that's my guess at the real answer. Always a delight to see you - thanks for coming by!

    Joe - There might be one problem with your theory, but I'm not saying what it is...

    And wow, you zapped ol' Tanya pretty hard there! LOL! I think you might have been out getting popcorn when she reeled out her one other line: "But that's incredibly dangerous!" It was between the second and third "James"! I missed the next reel as I was lying on the floor laughing. But man she's easy on the eyes in that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting choice. I've never feasted my eyes on it, but I guess that's a good thing. Just because that poster is terrifying. That's one nutty looking dude.

    As always, unique pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I'm glad I found your blog. I'm stopping by from the A to Z challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOT! One of the few titles i watched during my first few years as a slasher fan a-bloom! haha! cheesy and creepy, creepy killer with psychic powers all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kaijinu - I'm glad you got to see this one - it's really fun and weird and makes a good counterpoint to some of the standard issue slashers. Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete