.

.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #51!



Dracula '73  (aka Dracula A.D. 1972)  (Hammer Films, 1972)





This is actually a foreign poster for the movie Dracula A.D. 1972, which didn't get released in France or Spain until the following year, hence the update - so it stayed modern! Regardless, it's a great poster! I like the movie too!






The Incredible Petrified World  (Governor Films, 1957)



No one seems to like this goofy lost world adventure - but it's got John Carradine, TV's first Lois Lane, and the Hideous Sun Demon himself - Bob Clarke - in it - and I think it might be Jerry Warren's best movie. Of course, that's a pretty short yardstick to measure a movie by, but I've seen Teenage Zombies and Frankenstein Island, so I think I'm safe in saying it.





The Beach Girls  (Crown International, 1982)



Ah, an early 80's cable favorite - I may or may not have seen it back in the day - but I own it now on DVD - so a'watchin' it I will be sometime soon.





Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

3 comments:

  1. Lord do I love Stephanie Beacham...And Now The Screaming Starts, The Nightcomers. And then she was on that ubiquitous 80's show Dynasty and its spin-off The Colbys. Both staples of my high school years.

    I love these posters, too. You are a god of pop culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel - Yeah, she was always a cool presence - easy on the eyes, but with a bit more oomph and presence than some of her wispier female colleagues - I'm glad you like her too! And thank you for the kind words - as they say - I may not know art, but I know what I like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Dracula poster is pretty amazing alright.

    ReplyDelete