.

.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #177!








The Disco Exorcist  (Scorpio Film Releasing, 2011)


It might be a little pre-fab in its cult aspirations - but mashing these two genres together could be funny - I'll let you know what I think if I see it!










The Fantastic Invasion of Planet Earth  (Arch Oboler Productions, 1966)
 This Twilight Zone-ish movie originally came out in the mid-60's as The Bubble, but the version under this title was put out by Monarch Releasing Corporation in 1976. I've never seen it - but 60's sci-fi in 3-D? Sign me up!










George A Romero's Diary of the Dead  (Third Rail Releasing, 2007)



I enjoyed this fifth Romero zombie movie for the most part - though the CGI gore effects were a let down after Dawn, Day, and Land. I have yet to see Survival - but I'm starting to hear the zombies are a little sparse in that one. We shall see when I check that one out one of these days.









Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

8 comments:

  1. don't see Survival of the Dead. Seriously, don't, it was a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those first two posters look fun, and while I applaud Romero's efforts to revisit his classics, it sounds like they should stay buried.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Disco Exorcist and really enjoyed. It was one of the better 70's throwback types.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm one of the few people who enjoyed Survival of the Dead... it was like Romero just stopped giving a damn about trying to be cutting edge (which dragged Diary down for me) and just started having a bit of fun. The film is goofy and full of dodgy CGI gore, but there's something still quite entertaining about it for me. The whole thing has a comic book feel to it, and I think there's a lot an old school Romero fan such as yourself will get out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that makes me feel more anticipatory! Thanks, John!

      Delete