.

.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Saturday Night at the Movies 8/2/14!

Who cares what picture we see?


In honor of my movie buddy niece Sandra returning home from a long sojourn overseas - we all do - and we're picking this one...







The King  Queen of Cult Flicks is one of my favorite movies. I have seen it on the Big Screen around a dozen times in at least two different cities...I have attended screenings in costume as one of the characters (I'll leave it to you to guess who)...and I delight in showing it to "virgins" (those who have never seen it, in the movie's lexicon). The youngest of them was five years old - and I cackled as he ran around shouting "Boring! Where's your neck?" for weeks afterwards...




This was one of the movies I showed to my niece Sandra and some of her friends that turned her into my movie bud - hopefully we'll be watching plenty more movies very soon! And this one is in the video vault on a nifty Blu-Ray disc - and we can be giving it a watch - with or without the "theatrical experience" (saying appropriate things back to the screen and with props) anytime - even tonight - if you care to venture over!




Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments:

  1. Hello :)

    I adore this film, it's among my favourites. I'll be right over!

    *gone to find props*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *bread in the toaster* *fill up water gun* *grab newspaper, roll of toilet tissue, score card* I adore it too - thanks for coming by and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Craig, you know what, I'm ashamed to say it but this is the only one of the quintet of Midnight Movies I've never seen - I can check off El Topo, The Harder They Come, Pink Flamingos, Eraserhead but Rocky Horror Picture Show has somehow escaped me. I'm a big fan of Brian De Palma's Phantom of the Paradise so next time it comes my way I'll be sure to catch it...

    ReplyDelete