.

.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #26!

In celebration of my weekend - here's another themed presentation of a movie poster triple play - it's not going to be hard to peg the theme here - but why it was chosen? Well, that would be telling...




The Elephant Man  (Paramount, 1980)









Blue Velvet  (DeLaurentiis Entertainment Group, 1986)









The Straight Story  (Buena Vista, 1999)









Well, I'm sure you figured that one out - but that leaves the question - why? And for that you'll need to return for the next post - and until then, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to stay tuned because it's early and I haven't had caffeine, yet. I barely know my own name until that first shot hits me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - Well, I'm still fine tuning the second part - guess I better get to it so I can post it!Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great movie poster monday. Elephant Man is one of my fave films. It's such a beautiful story. And I like how comedians have poked fun at it over the years. One that comes to mind is a Seinfeld episode where Jerry is being ridiculed for picking his nose (which he didn't do)...I am not an animal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luana! Wonderful to see you! Yes, I've always enjoyed David Lynch's movies, because I can think of no other filmmaker who can go from the extremes of wild stylistic excesses like Wild at Heart and Lost Highway to the simple human drama of The Elephant Man and The Straight Story, with Blue Velvet right in the middle there. John Merrick's story was handed to the right filmmaker, although the choice might have initially seemed a strange one. Thanks for your commment!

    ReplyDelete