.

.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

The April 2011 A - Z Blogging Challenge - N is for Not Another Teen Movie!

Saturday Night at the Movies! 4/16/11


Who cares what picture we see?


Randy Quaid would if he wasn't so busy staying one step ahead of the Star Whackers, so let's pick this flick, because, after all...


N is for Not Another Teen Movie!










Before those guys ruined cinema spoofs by making 1,000,006 motion pictures called "_______ Movie" that have sent up nearly every film made this century, other guys entirely made this movie, parodying the teen flicks of the preceding two decades - and it's a damned funny picture. Chris Evans and Jaime Pressly are worth their weight in gold; Randy Quaid plays that Randy Quaid-like character to a T; and how awesome is it when Paul Gleason walks in for The Breakfast Club scene? I definitely recommend this one, and we could be watching it this evening if you'd care to come over!


Til next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

3 comments:

  1. LOL!! The trailer made me chuckle. "That is whacked".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen Hot Shots, but that's as far into spoofdom as I've gone. Looks like I need to explore further! The trailer was great.

    Oddly enough, even though I haven't seen some of the films being spoofed, the scenes were so iconic, I recognized them anyway.

    Now I'm wondering if Breakfast Club is on netflix. Haven't seen that one since a post-prom get-together.

    Been a while...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, back in the day when spoofs were good. Great post! This is actually one of my great guilty pleasures. I love this movie hard and always watch it when it's on TV. The jab at the "token black guy" gets me every time. Good one!

    ReplyDelete