.

.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Saturday Night at the Movies 9/21/13!

Who cares what picture we see?


Earl Boen - I think...yes...yes, he would! So let's make it all about this one tonight...















I dearly love this sci-fi action flick. It fires on every cylinder and almost never slows down to even take a breath. Thank goodness the original casting - Arnold as Reese and O.J. Simpson (!) as the Terminator - didn't happen!



Of course, this movie's success led to a sequel - but it was seven years later. And then they waited another 12 years to do it for the third time. Thankfully we don't have to wait 19 years to make this a

 
 
Saturday Night at the Movies Triple Feature!






Let's pause for a very important message regarding your rights to watch television at no cost to you:





 





Now on to feature two!











Everybody came back - including James Cameron - and with a budget that made the original's look like a dry cleaning bill - they put together a massive and massively entertaining movie - which blows stuff up real good while actually giving you something to think about...incredible, I know!





Let's keep this lights on with a quick ad:












And our third flick for the evening:














All those years later - with Arnold in his mid 50's - and Cameron not returning, but turning the director's chair over to Jonathan Mostow - I wasn't sure this one was going to work.


It works!


Solid sci fi action - with Nick Stahl replacing insurance risk Eddie Furlong as John Connor - and a solid storyline that still manages to advance the story and make sense even with all the time travel and whatnot. Add to that new Terminatrix Kristanna Loken looking hot while being badass - and a plethora of incredible action and effects - this is another worthy sequel in the series.





Now, I know what you're thinking. "Isn't there a fourth movie in the series?" Well, technically, yes. But as it's a fourth movie with no Arnold Schwarzenegger that I slept through because it's so slow and self-important - I declare it skippable and don't feel the need to include it here.



The first three movies, though? Those are on Blu-Ray in the video vault and I'm ready to set them spinning back to back to back whenever you are - like even tonight, if you cared to come by!






Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic post, Craig! I'm a HUGE fan of these films myself. The first two for me are the best. I do believe Arnold's signed to do T5 starting filming in January as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, should be very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will always respect the first two. The original being a scifi thriller and semi-slasher, and the second being the only action film I'll love.

    Don't care much about part 3, though. For all I care, it all ended with part 2. Still, it was watchable, I'll give it that, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the greatest trilogies in history. Yes, I even love the third one. Coffin Arnie rocks ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree - those are three kickass movies every day of the week.

      Delete