.

.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #74!


The First Turn-On!  (Troma, 1983)



I think I saw this T&A opus on VHS back in the day - but I remember nothing about it. It did introduce Tammy the "Wonder Tarantula" though...












Monster on the Campus  (Universal International, 1958)


This Universal Studios creature feature was pretty cool to me even as a kid - because it featured a storyline based on the real prehistoric fish the coelocanth - and then twisted that into a goofy movie where the blood of the fish transforms anything that ingests it into the prehistoric version - including scientist Arthur Franz, who ends up in one of Bud Westmore's lazy mask jobs as a caveman version of himself. Watch the cheeks puff in and out as the poor actor/stuntman breathes through the cheap mask. *sigh*  Of course, I love the movie!






The Scarface Mob  (Desilu Productions, 1959)





This originally aired on television as two episodes of the Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, where it was even introduced by Desi Arnaz himself! It came out so well they edited the two parts into a feature length movie and released it to theaters here and around the world.  I haven't seen it - but I'd like to - Robert Stack as Eliot Ness and Neville Brand as Al Capone? Yeah, I'm all about that!






Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

5 comments:

  1. A television show based on the Untouchables would definitely be worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it was - early 60's series - went a couple of seasons at least - with Robert Stack a great Eliot Ness!

      Delete
  2. again, 3 films I've NEVER heard of. Excuse me while I go back to my Translation-routine :-)

    The First Turn-On
    German Title: Die große Anmache = The Big Turn-On

    Monster On The Campus
    German Title: Der Schrecken schleicht durch die Nacht = The Horror Creeps Through The Night

    The Scarface Mob
    German Title: Die Schande von Chicago = The Disgrace Of Chicago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised you haven't heard of Monster on the Campus - and I LOVE the translations!

      Delete
  3. Robert Stack was just born to play Elliott Ness. And the real Ness wasn't all that cool, either. LOL The real guy was actually pretty lame and tame compared to legends that sprang up around him. Still, Stack did a great job and I'd love to see this sometime.

    Troy Donahue...Where was Sandra Dee, I ask you? Off with Moondoggie probably. ;)

    ReplyDelete