.

.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Saturday Night at the Movies 11/23/13!

Who cares what picture we see?



Well, as today marks the 50th anniversary of the television premiere of Doctor Who - I wonder if Doctor #3 Jon Pertwee would? While I ponder on it, let's pick this one...














I first saw this one on the CBS Late Movie when I was a wee lad. I like anthology movies, and this is a fun one, with the linking factor the house - a house that proves fairly fatal to all of its owners through horrors both human and supernatural. It's a great cast, though each one is a solo act, with Pertwee the luckiest of them as he shares the screen with Ingrid Pitt.



The poster is cool too - but they do misspell screenwriter Robert (Psycho) Bloch's name....tsk, tsk, tsk.



I have this one on DVD - and we could be trying to help the domicile staunch the flow any time - even tonight - if you wanted to bring some bandaids over!








Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

2 comments:

  1. Good one, but not as great as other Amicus productions like "Asylum" or "Dr. Terror" IMO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have to agree that Asylum was probably their best one - but this one is good, as you say!

      Delete