.

.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #209!






Kingdom of the Vampire  (Tempe Video, 2007)
 I know nothing about this vampire movie - and the IMDB seems to be confused between this 2007 movie and an earlier 1991 flick with the same title made by J.R. Bookwalter. The poster's not great, to be honest, but that lady is lovely.









White Huntress  (American International Pictures, 1958)




I also have not seen this 50's jungle adventure - but it seems to be the usual mix of studio bound jungle sets and animal stock footage. One interesting bit - the movie was shot in Technicolor - and played in color overseas - but American International didn't want to invest in color prints for the domestic release - so they struck black and white prints and sent them out!



Always have to break out what you will SEE...
























Hercules  (Warner Bros., 1959)

Made the previous year in Italy - this did so well worldwide - that it touched off a huge series of similar movies - called peplums - throughout the next decade. I know these movies have their fans - but I find them mostly bland and boring - unless they have monsters or special effects.










Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

6 comments:

  1. On "Kingdom of Vampires"... the 2007 film is a remake of the 1991 version. If memory serves, the DVD of the 2007 film contains both of them and Bookwalter was involved with the remake as well. (I have it somewhere but at the moment I can't find it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes much more sense! Thanks for the info, Steve!

      Delete
  2. Isn't the expression, "You can poke me with a fork, cause I'm done."? Either way, I came by way of the AtoZChallenge theme reveal and can't find a reveal entry. Did you forget? Are you still in?
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B ~ One of Tremp's Troops with the
    A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still in but did not do a theme reveal. I will start posting tomorrow. And it's a joke to say the poke me with a fork thing incorrectly. I've been doing that as my sign off for twenty five years. Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  3. The first poster isn't so hot - it looks like the guy is prepping a dildo/vibrator - but I love the second one, which is classic exploitation. Never seen it either, but the lurid appeal is working on me...

    Fully agreed with your comment on the third, this wouldn't be my sort of film, as it didn't have the monsters or effects you'd expect in something like a Harryhausen film, or atleast a knock off...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen that guy's stake as a dildo - now that's all I can see! Ha! Yes, White Huntress is a really cool poster. And I'm glad someone agrees with me on the Hercules movies - barechested oily guys and girls in floor length gowns talk and talk and talk, sword fight, pick up a boulder and throw it - credits. Yawn.

      Delete