.

.

Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Video Vault of Mora Tau 7/11/13!


Ah, in those days before pay cable and home video (or when pay cable and home video were in their infancy)...it was pretty much the only way to see movies...even horror movies...especially when you were too young to get to go to the theater and see them....






ABC - from May 6th, 1983 -





 





CBS - from April 25th, 1981 -









NBC - from October 16th, 1980 -









I've said it before, and I'll no doubt say it again - I love owning pretty much any movie I want - and I have all three of these movies - but there was something special about these viewings shared with anyone tuned in across the country (discounting time zone differences). Even edited and with commercials - it was cool.






Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I can't remember the last time I watched a movie on network television, but it was the best way to see movies once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, cool stuff! Obviously never seen these spots before. Love the warnings =)

    ReplyDelete