.

.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #126!







Schizoid  (Cannon Films, 1980)


My movie buddy Richard and I attempted this late one night when it aired on HBO at his house back in high school - and for whatever reason we talked all through it and never got hooked, so consequently I have no idea if the movie is any good or not. It is due out on disc soon, however, or maybe it's already out; either way I should get a chance to really sit down and watch this soon.










Madmen of Mandoras  (Crown International Pictures, 1963)




This extremely goofy 1963 spy drama was already silly enough - but that didn't stop someone taking the bulk of this movie and adding scenes shot five years later, resulting in that deathless title "They Saved Hitler's Brain!" I own both versions, you know, in case you feel the need to compare them.







Big Zapper  (Levitt-Pickman, 1974)




It's British and it's about a tough female private eye and now you know as much about it as I do! Of course, I'm all for seeing it!









Until next post you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

12 comments:

  1. "Big Zapper" has the strangest pose I've ever seen on a movie poster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really seems to have taken a load off!

      Delete
  2. Ha, I've seen "They Saved Hitler's Brain" and omg, it sucked!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and I think it's the better of the two versions!

      Delete
  3. Schizoid - Klaus... was a creepy, yes creepy dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid so - when the closest thing you had to a best friend makes a documentary about you after you die and calls it "My Best Fiend" - you're probably pretty damned creepy.

      Delete
  4. haha, I read the first bit about schizoid...My movie buddy Richard and I attempted this late one night when it aired...and thought you meant posing with the scissors! I must need sleep :)p.s the poster alone scares me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weirdly, even while I was typing that I knew it would get referred to in some fashion down here - no, we were good kids and didn't play with scissors! Thanks for coming by and for commenting!

      Delete
  5. Ah yes, Schizoid. I remember not remembering that one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what you remember you forgot!

      Delete
  6. Big Zapper LOL! Linda Marlow is totally styled 1970s...the hair, the clothes, the shoes. She's a Charlie's Angel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is - that great stylized graphic from the show!

      Delete