.

.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday Night at the Movies 3/31/12!

Who cares what picture we see?

After calling my blog "impressive," I truly believe Sybil Danning does, so we will go with this gem:













This was a Sunday afternoon for me at Toler Cinema in Benton Illinois - and as a Star Wars obsessed kid it was just the kind of movie I loved. I still love it, though the seams show a bit more these days in Roger Corman's space opera version of The Seven Samurai/The Magnificent Seven.

But come on - you've got George Peppard as the wiseass, Robert Vaughn playing the same role he'd played in The Magnificent Seven twenty years previously, and Sybil Danning as a space warrior in a costume so sexy and revealing NBC was forced to add optical "shadows" across her chest in its premiere on that network a couple of years later.

I had hoped to find a picture of that optical shadow, but alas, no. You can see the outfit in question on the second poster - the Quad - but here's a picture for better viewing:





Roger Corman reused the effects from this movie about 462 times across the next twenty plus years - they became like old friends you hadn't seen for a while when they appeared in another of his movies a year or so after the last time you'd seen them.

And this movie is hanging out in the video vault on a pristine Blu-Ray, ready to spin at a moment's notice - if you feel like coming over to watch it with me - tonight, even!




Until next post you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of this but I admit it looks pretty fun :)

    Got a horrendous German title:
    Sador - Herrscher im Weltall = Sador - Ruler in Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd have a good time with it, Harry!

      And yeah, that title is a little iffy, although Sador is the name of John Saxon's villain...though he's not exactly as famous as Darth Vader, is he?

      Delete