.

.

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Saturday Night at the Movies 6/13/15!

Who cares what picture we see?



Jeroen Krabbe might on an alternate Tuesday, so for that and a couple of other reasons - let's pick this one...








This is a pretty good action thriller from the mid 80's It's no gem, but it's well made and now for me has two things going for it that put it past the entertainment finish line: first: the movie was mostly shot here in Wilmington NC - partially on the backlot set built as Chinatown for Year of the Dragon - and second: bad guy Jeroen Krabbe a year before he played Koskov in The Living Daylights.


I just picked this up in anamorphic widescreen in a used DVD set - which will make it my first viewing in its proper aspect ratio. If you'd also like to see it with me with a lot less pan and almost no scan - come on by - even this very evening!






Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Backlot, Cause I Am Outta Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment