.

.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday Night at the Movies 9/8/12!

Who cares what picture we see?


Henry Brandon would - I'd bet money on it! So let's pick this one:










This lost world flick is not as well known as it should be. I never saw it as a kid - only catching up to it on VHS ten or twelve years ago. That wasn't actually the best way to see the movie, either, because while it runs only 78 minutes - that brief running time is in glorious 2.35:1 Cinemascope! The movie is as widescreen as that trailer up there!

Luckily, I do have the movie on DVD in perfect anamorphic widescreen - and we could be checking out the clever special effects that needed no computer processors as soon as - tonight - if you feel like coming over to see me!


Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments:

  1. So many lost lands of dinosaurs. Methinks planet Earth is rather like the TARDIS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is precisely why I went with this movie tonight...Dinosaurs on Spaceship Earth...heh heh heh!

      Delete
  2. ha, I remember this! Back in the 90s when Jurassic Park blew everyone way, various German TV stations jumped on the bandwagon and did some "Dino Days" where they showed silly dino-flicks like "Land That Time Forgot", "At The Earth's Core" and this one. Guess who watched them all? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I love when TV stations do stuff like that - gives people an opportunity to enjoy some movies they may not have seen and boost ratings! That's how I first saw the original King Kong - a local cable channel showed it because the De Laurentiis King Kong was playing theaters!

      Delete