.

.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

A-Z Challenge 2012: Y is for Yor-The Hunter from the Future!

In this penultimate April 2012 A-Z Blogging Challenge we need to think about the past...and the future...as we check out another...



Saturday Night at the Movies 4/28/12!



Who cares what picture we see?


Reb Brown looks like he might, so we'll give him the benefit of the doubt and call it...




Y is for Yor: The Hunter from the Future!








I saw this goofy damn movie in the theater in 1983. It is quite the sight to behold. If you don't think that you need to see this with me - let 27 seconds of the movie convince you.






This resides in the video vault in some form - VHS or DVD, and would be easily tracked down should you decide you need to see it - even tonight!



Z last post is coming Monday, and I hope you'll come back for it! Until then, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

9 comments:

  1. So he's from the future...in the past...and we're watching it in the present...which is our past now? Mind blown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just gotta pass on YOR, but I'll be back to see if you choose my pick for your 'Z' post. An arty little film with a pretty big name. Just saw it the other day. OMG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, pass on Yor if you must - but tomorrow's final post will not be spotlighting one "Z" movie - because Mondays are for a particular regular department here at LGOOH. However, maybe the movie you're thinking of will be mentioned...who knows?

      Delete
  3. Oh my fucking goodness, the trailer is uber-hilarious!! This is something I'd really like to see, just because it's so trashy. Antonio Margheriti is awesome :)

    btw, German Title: Einer gegen das Imperium = One Against The Empire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a perfect "watch with friends and beverages" movie for sure! Terrific German title too! Add it to the Film Festival list!

      Delete
  4. OMG do I remember this movie. I believe they rtore it up on MST 3000 if I am not mistaken. dad and I got this at our local vid store back in the day for Saturday afternoon watch. It was hilarious then and even funnier now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a jaw dropper for sure! This is not the kind of movie I would watch with my dad back in the day - he was not and is not into fantasy or science fiction - he preferred cop movies and standard issue action fare - but I love those movies too so that was cool - but it's really neat that you and your dad chuckled through this one! I can only imagine what MST3K did with it! LOL

      Delete