.

.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Saturday Night at the Movies! 5/21/11

Who cares what picture we see?


Well, Vincent Price will be having his "Vincentennial" 100th birthday on Friday, May 27th, 2011, so let's suppose he would and check out something with him in it...oh yes, one of my faves...














One of the last great horror characters from the old school, before the 80's brought us the Slasher Brigade - Dr. Anton Phibes murdered his way through two movies in the early 70's with Price in the role twice. There was talk from that point forward of a third film, but it never got off the ground. (I've actually noodled around with the idea of writing a relaunch screenplay for the character myself...of course, Mr. Price is gone, but I have a pretty good idea who could take over the role - if he wouldn't mind playing another horror icon character...that's all I'm saying about that - can't afford to give away all my good ideas!)
    This film is wonderfully mounted, thanks to director Robert Fuest; dripping with Art Deco excess and played out with a wink and a grin by all the terrific British cast. If you like your Guignol Grand, this might be the movie for you, and it sits ready to watch (backed with its sequel on the same disc!) at any time...like even tonight, if you care to stop by!

I think we'll see if we can keep the Vincent Price theme going this week...so til next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment