.

.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Video Vault of Mora Tau 12/17/14!

It's that holiday time of year - so let's look back to some of those wonderfully cheesy holiday specials from back in the day!




Perhaps the most infamous holiday special of all time...












Here's a night of holiday themed shows...















And three straight hours of music and comedy - back when the term "variety show" wasn't a bad thing...






I used to be glued to stuff like this as a kid - but none of the modern ones catch my attention at all, I'm afraid.








Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

6 comments:

  1. They certainly don't make Christmas specials like they used to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you there Craig, I have vague memories of the BBC doing Christmas evenings when I was a kid, and variety shows used to be great over here. Sadly now they seem to be filled to the brim with X-Factor types and non-celebrities... But my days of randomly turning on the TV and seeing what's on are over too, so I'm definitely not a core audience for the TV exec's...

    Never heard of the show, Laverne and Shirley before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laverne and Shirley was a spinoff from Happy Days - they showed up on Happy Days a couple of times - once as dates for Fonzie and Richie, and then a couple of other appearances - then got their own show which ran 8 seasons here on Tuesday nights. It was a funny show - lots of slapstick from the ladies. It also did a better job pretending to be a period show. Happy Days looked like a 50's show for about three seasons then only paid lip service to the period as every guy suddenly had giant feathered 70's and 80's hair. L&S tried to keep the period going and actually changed their credits each season with the year displayed on a banner in a shot of a New Year's party where the cast toasts the audience.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info, Craig! As a kid I watched as much American comedy TV as I could, but I don't recall ever seeing this one - I'm blown away by the fact that it had 8 seasons and was a spin off! I'm intrigued, I'm going to try a few episodes.

      Delete
    3. I'd love to hear what you think after you check some out.

      Delete