.

.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Maniacal Movie Poster Monday #172!

Posters!







Mighty Joe Young  (RKO Radio Pictures Inc., 1949)


The third big ape movie with stop motion animation effects from Willis O'Brien (and his new assistant - Ray Harryhausen!) It's old school adventure and one of my very favorites.











Blackwoods  (Boll Films, 2002)



Hey - it's a Uwe Boll movie! That means nearly everyone in the world hates this movie! I don't - because after years of hearing this guy raked over the coals for every movie he's ever made - I watched one - Rampage - and it was pretty good. So all the haters can suck it!













The Man Who Lived Again  (Gaumont British Picture Corporation of America, 1936)



This was known as The Man Who Changed His Mind in its native England, but got this rather generic title for its American release. I haven't seen it - but it's Karloff - so you know I want to!








Until next post, you Can Poke Me With A Fork, Cause I Am Outta Here!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the Karloff one either, but the Robert Stevenson tag is another plus for it. Great poster for Mighty Joe Young - am a huge fan of O'Brien and Harryhausen. I've only seen a very small smattering of Boll's stuff, and I don't think he deserves all the blind rage and hatred. There are far worse directors out there, making much blander films than he is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mighty Joe Young is a classic and it's sad that they remade that and King Kong using a dude in a suit. Great old movies Craig.

    ReplyDelete